Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BlueBoa, Tymphodont practice, and Handwashing

Today in clinic was good. We had the inventor of the BlueBoa evacuation system come and teach us how to use it. I practiced using it on my tymphodont, who I have named Larry. We all learned the proper way to wash our hands, and put on all of our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). I am going to be roasting wearing scrubs, my lab coat, a mask, safety glasses, and gloves. I might pass out one day on top of my patient. (Hopefully not!)

I'm a lot less stressed today that I was after my first and second day of hygiene school. I can't believe it's only Wednesday though! I am so excited to learn new things and do lots of hands on stuff. The best part is, I'm not in this alone. There are 28 other awesome girls. We're going to do great!

1 comment:

  1. That is also my favorite thing about the program. We know we are all in it together and want to help each other out. It is so different than any other classes I have been in.

    ReplyDelete