Monday, August 30, 2010

I need to practice my suctioning "skills"

Clinic was fun today! We learned how to set up everything with barriers, clean up and disinfect, and how to bag our instruments. We also practiced seating each other and suctioning out each others mouths. Karlie was my "patient." I did really well suctioning on her up until I tried to use the high volume evacuator with my left hand. As an assistant, I always used it in my right hand so it is something I am definitely not used to. I have a weak left hand and wrist because of it so I kept suctioning up Karlie's lips and cheeks. It was PERFECT timing that while I was doing just that, Professor Costley walked in and watched me. She started laughing and told me to try not to give Karlie a hickey. Hahaha, awkward. I definitely need to practice that skill (or lack of skill).

1 comment:

  1. Funny that Prof. Costley said that to you. I would have turned so RED!

    ReplyDelete