Thursday, January 19, 2012

Oh mockboards, how i loathe you

Mockboard day has been crazy. Being a student examiner was easy, breezy. Taking the mock LA written exam wasn't bad. Scheduling the actual LA written was a cinch. Lunch was yummy.

Then....

My mockboard patient was twenty minutes late. Stress. I took the 2 PAs I needed on her, sat her down and BAM! " I have to leave at 2:00."..... WHAAAAAT? So I take her blood pressure, don't even look in her mouth, hand her over. After all of the checks it was 1:15 before I could start working on her. Double stress. I sped through her, and got her out by 2:00. Yikes. I missed 2 spots of calculus and 2 years off of my life. Hahaha.

It didn't work out at all the way I'd planned but what can ya do? At least it was just a MOCK board. I'm glad it's over! Thanks to the instructors for being speedy and understanding!

3 comments:

  1. I am really sorry that I took so long doing your check! I should have been so much faster since I knew what a time crunch you were under. Way to go though! You are going to make one FREAKING amazing hygienist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so amazing today, I am truely amazed at your speed. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em! You are amazing! That sounds like a super stressful patient on top of a super stressful day! I bet your glad its over!

    ReplyDelete