Wednesday, January 11, 2012

VA craziness

Oh VA... how I've missed you... kind of. Haha. First day back at the VA: success. My first patient was one of the most entertaining old men I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He informed me right when he sat down that he really liked to talk. Boy, he wasn't kidding. Example of one our our conversations:

67 year old man: So, emily. I have a serious question for you.

Me: Ok...

67 year old man: Do you like....... ADVENTURE?????

Me: *awkward laugh* ... why yes, i do.

67 year old man: THEN DO I HAVE A MOVIE FOR YOU!

Me: Oh yeah? What's it called.

67 year old man: (very seriously) ... King of the Grizzlies.

Me:.... wow, sounds pretty fantastic.

Honestly, he was hilarious. He literally made me get a piece of paper and watched me write down all of the things I "MUST" look up on the internet or watch. He told me many, many, many stories about fur trappers and indians... and peanut butter. Apparently, the origin of peanut butter is fascinating. Who knew?

My afternoon patient was also very nice. Not as talkative, but good nonetheless. Very exciting day back.

Here's to another semester of VA experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment