Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sterilization mode!

Today in clinic we put all of of instruments in the cassettes and bags the way they are supposed to be and we are sterilizing everything! Woo hoo! You know what that means?! Soon we'll be using them. Nice.

I had a problem with one of my mirrors today. I was trying to screw the mirror portion into the cone socket on one of them and it wouldn't screw in. So Professor Costley tried to fix it and my mirror ended up breaking. It was kind of funny, except I'm short one mirror now. She is going to get me a new one.

We also practiced exploring more. I worked on Ashley today. She has braces so it was hard to do on the buccal surface of the tooth. I practiced a TON on Larry (my trusty typodont) at home so I am learning new angles so that I can actually fulcrum in most areas. The posterior teeth are still a beast though. I'll practice more over the weekend and hopefully I can figure out how to make it work with my short fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment