Friday, January 28, 2011

UGH.

So, wednesday my patient was a 15 year old girl. She hasn't had a cleaning since she got her braces off 5 years ago. Calculus everywhere. EVERYWHERE. except the occlusal surfaces. AND, a lingual bar on her mandibular AND maxillary anteriors- caked with calculus of course. Classification: 1B (ridiculous if you ask me. I mean, I get the same credit for cleaning her teeth and my mom's. My mom wasn't bad at all.)

My instructor for the day: caldwell (my first time with her)

My grade on tal eval: 2 x's and drumroll please.... 12 (TWELVE) checks.

WHAT THE HECK.

I mean seriously? She was a hard patient. Really hard. My hardest yet. I missed some sub spots and spots by the lingual bar that I truly didn't know how to get off. I know I didn't do great.

BUT 12 checks? I even understand the X's for calculus removal (sub and supra) . But seriously. Good-bye to any chance of a decent grade in clinic. Not happy. At all. The grade I received has pretty much destroyed any confidence I had whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment