Tuesday, September 6, 2011

senior year clinic!

Can I just say how much I love senior year clinic? I love that they professors/instructors/drs let us do our thing. If we need help, they are there to help us, but they don't constantly hover over us. It is great.

My first day of clinic at Weber my patient cancelled on me 20 mins before her appointment because the person that was supposed to give her a ride couldn't help her anymore. Luckily, Whitnee saved my butt. I was able to see her patients little brother. (Yay, 4 quads of 1A down!) I was also able to do an OD and one quad on Whitnee's patients dad. It worked out great. I am so grateful for Whitnee!

In the afternoon, TWO patients showed up for me... yikes. My patient that I was supposed to see on Sept. 6 in the afternoon got the dates mixed up. Unfortunately, she had a car service bring her because she is really old and she can't drive anymore. So, of course... Whitnee saved me again by seeing her. Whitnee didn't have a patient scheduled until 1:30 so she was able to at least start on her.

I felt really good about how I scaled. It seems to be coming back to me pretty well. I know that I have a ton to learn and that my first week I had easy patients, so hopefully I can kick it up a notch on the 6th!

No comments:

Post a Comment