Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Piercingssssssss

Today was a pretty interesting clinic day for me. Unfortunately, my afternoon patient didn't show up. She was supposed to come in at 1:00 p.m. At 1:15 she called me and said she wouldn't be able to come until 1:30 but that she might just not come at all... (huh?) She then called me again at 1:45 saying she wasn't going to make it because she was tired from work. She was peeved when I told her that I didn't have anymore openings until next semester. Sheesh.

My morning patient was right on time though. She used to have a tongue piercing that chipped and fractured numerous teeth, some of them to the point of needing to be extracted. (mentioned in previous blog). Today she informed me that her motivator for her 8th grade daughter to get good grades is telling her daughter that if she gets a 4.0 GPA she can get a tongue piercing... ( what the heck???) She genuinely wants her daughter to have one. I also got to see the side effects of a lip piercing. It has caused recession and mobility on tooth #5. Since we just talked about piercings in class yesterday it was cool to see. I got to do nitrous on her too. Fabulous.

My only PE that I need to pass off still this semester is the diagnodent PE. Hopefully I can get that done next tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect timing! I bet that was really interesting to see!!

    ReplyDelete